Home / Food Resources / Groceries and Pantries / Calfresh / What to Bring for Calfresh

What to Bring for Calfresh

What Should I Bring?

To expedite the application process, please bring a copy of all of the following documents. Have questions about the documents? Bring as many of the documents as you can and the Food Security and CalFresh advocates can guide you through the rest. Electronic copies work perfectly! 

  • Bring your laptop if you have one (if not, you can use ours). 

  • Identification: Birth Certificate, Driver License, CA ID, or U.S Passport

  • Social Security Number: Social Security Card

  • Immigration status: Permanent Resident Card (only required for non-citizens)

  • Earned Income: Dated check stubs for the last 30 days, statement of earnings from employer (if you are a UC employee, statements can be found at http://atyourservicesonline.ucop.edu)

  • Housing: Mortgage or rent receipt, first page of your lease agreement, or statement from your landlord/subletter

  • Utilities or Other Bills: gas, electricity, water, or telephone (1-2 recommended)

11 Programs that may make you eligible (you only need to involved in 1 of the following programs!)

  • Educational Opportunities Program (EOP) member. You may access proof of EOP at https://my.sa.ucsb.edu/gold/login > Registration > Print). Does not apply to EOP associates. 
  • Work Study. Bring proof that you have been awarded work study at some point during the current academic year (awards from previous years will not be accepted)

  •  Receive Cal Grant A or B

  • Puente Program

  • College Disabled Student Program and Services/ Student Academic Support

  • Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) Program

  • UC McNair Program

  • Mathematics, Engineering Science Achievement (MESA) Program

  • Guardian Scholars Program

  • AB12 Former Foster Youth Program 

  • Questions? Email ucsbcalfresh@gmail.com